The 3D model for the goat only went though a few refinement increments through out the games development. The first model was very crude getting the basic impression it was some sort of four legged creature which could have been a dog if anything. I added three bones then animated them in a way that resembled a snake trying to head butt the sky and surprisingly enough thats all that was need to make the goat look like it was jumping. I skipped out on creating the leg bones as I found I could achieve the same amount of articulation with these three bones just by rotating them in the roll direction.
Alas, I forgot the horns. Now it looks like a goat. With a bell added for style it was now complete. For the textures, I had laid out some set colour schemes that were going to be static and players would just have to just pick from from 9 goat styles. As the game development progressed I began to incorporate a network based player system that had players challenging goats from online. An element of customisation needed to be added to give each player a distinction amongst the hundreds of other goats online. I came up with a colour shader for the goats that could be customised easily and was low and the draw calls.